today. everyone was so excited about books! even the weather was happy as a little kid with a backpack. i did some book selling / hanging out at the Akashic Books booth and was able to wander through most of the festival, although i didn't catch as many readings as I meant to.
books/journals acquired:
Bicycle by Paul Fattaruso
A Best of FENCE: The First Nine Years, which includes stories by at least half of the writers I love
A Public Space Issue Three
Letting Go: Morrie's Reflections on Living While Dying by Morrie Schwartz which looks like the most depressing self-help book in the world (but I found this on the street in a "please take" box after the fact so it's not really included in the festival goods)
authors observed and/or met: Arthur Nersesian, Tim McLoughlin, Melvin Van Peebles, Rivka Galchen, Jonathan Lethem (kind of, he was more talking to Arthur and I was standing there), David Cross, Jonathan Aames
things i am at this moment fond of or would like to learn more about:
beyonce's "single ladies" video
the possibility of making injera at home
zapatistas
typesetting
money
No comments:
Post a Comment