1. is dedicated to rachel
2. is when you numbered things in that one post
3. is how i liked scrolling up and down to see the story then the title then the story again. My brain responds well to categorization, kind of the same feeling as opening a box of crayons, or eating corn on the cob. Did you do that on purpose for me?
things i wandered my mind to a lot at work today:
--which was day three of three nine-hour days packaging and mailing over 1,000 signed pre-ordered copies of ryan adam's second book called "_____" (that's one word and i noted this because when i was shuffling the early stages of this book around on a computer for the editors a few months ago it was two words, but when the books came to the office in boxes, it had become one word and I thought, I wonder what changes like that do to a person). I was going to say the title of the book but I think ryan fans are freaking out on blogs with joy and anticipation and such and I don't want to draw attention here or be included in that, you know? That might not make sense. I might be half-asleep and paranoid--
sober-living house
bad skin
kiwi vs. kiwis (do you like kiwi? do you like kiwis?)
the state of my bed
the state of my spine, current and long term
pum-pum, hood, and big batty: words I learned in a book
korea
Rachel, it is so late and I miss my trip and all the people on it. The ceiling is falling out in chunks like the beginning of the prologue to the end of the city and I am so tired in all this dust and my fingers are sore--I will barely brush off my feet.
I'm too tired to delete this post.
Don't delete this one! I like it the best. The thing that is happening is we are rubbing off on each other.
ReplyDeleteI am almost done with my book. Different than the one you read, but the same. You and your writing are included so maybe you want to take another look. Wouldn't it be funny if I was the one who made you famous?
Old friends come to my apartment and say I don't have many clothes.
I would love to read the book. Send it to me. I loved reading it the first time.
ReplyDeleteChris and I were talking about your writing and he said sometimes he reads something and says, "Hey! I said that!" I told him writers are writers because they are careful and remember things well. So maybe Chris will make you famous then make me famous then we will all eat grapefruits on the beach.
You have so many dresses!
i think it's so funny that ryan adams is a bad poet. there's a mosquito in my room that just flew really close to my face. Chris is doing his homework in Chicago and I am watching him through skype. I love not having a phone. I have too many emails. Mosquitos don't bite you if you're stressed because they only want the good stuff.
ReplyDelete