Someone suggested recently that I read my weight in books. I was like, I'm sure I've done that, a few times. I like books and I'm a little person. But he was like, No, do it starting now and as an event on your blog--Sasha will read her weight by a certain date! Catchy. He envisioned a photograph involving 1) me on a scale, smiling or something, waving, and 2) another scale with books stacked, and 3) weight equality between 1 and 2. Close up of digits. Maybe a calendar in the background with a date ominously circled in red. I was like, Hm.
I think we also discussed asking for pledges on my blog to raise money in this endeavor...to fund my book purchases? I'm fairly sure the only person who would pledge money to encourage my reading would be my father, but he would want to select the books. I'd end up reading only Thomas Hardy and George Eliot and Tolstoy for years.
Writing about this is actually making me interested in the reading part though. How much do books weigh? No more than a pound each, right? Probably most I read are 1/2 pound. So if I read 100 1/2 pound books and 60 1 lb. books, I'd be there: 110. How long would that take me, to read 160 books? Maybe five years?
seems like everyone is asking for donations now adays. I like donations. I live off donations, practically. Yesterday I saw Harry Potter and didn't like it. Today I listened to a song in the record store that went like this: one woman singing up and down crazy, and then another singing with her, and then another so that it was kind of a round and almost sounded like screaching and almost like heaven.
ReplyDeleteChris and I started this thing where we write with each other.
exciting!!!
(daniel?)
oh, and I like that you have family time. My brother and I are starting to get better at having a relationship outside of the house
ReplyDeletei'm not asking for donations here. i would feel weird. i feel weird about a lot of things probably more than normal people and asking for money on a blog is definitely one of them.
ReplyDeletei work with a daniel and he gives me books. i know another dan who works on a boat and takes people out on it sometimes. i don't know too many other daniels. what was the question for?
i'm glad you write together! we should all write together in a big clump
i kind of think you wouldn't like the harry potter. i don't think i would like it so i won't see it. i drank a whole milkshake today by the river and it was so good like childhood. i also ate Peruvian food and it is my new favorite. all the acidity