Every writer I know has a blog, like a business card. I don't think you can exist without one. You can but you seem weird and hard to find. I'd like to exist.
Concern: Since when are all writers interesting? As if writing on top of living isn't hard enough. Most writers I know are fascinating, funny, psychologically troubled or stable humans. But I also know a few who are about as personally intriguing as a clay pot.
Concern: Blogs seem to perpetuate a fashion of constant "cleverness." Everyone is so witty and it seems to occupy a lot of energy. Sometimes I don't want to say anything. I might want to say something dumb and syntactically incorrect and look at people walking, and not be pleased with myself and the quality of my conversation. Either blogging is an exercise in this talent, causing 'cleverness' to metastasize, or it's an outlet for such zingers, and everyone can just relax.
Well, welcome to blogging?
ReplyDelete